Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Versatility of Internet Radio Stations

One of the most exciting developments in high tech media is the emergence of Internet radio stations. Everyone can now make their own webcasts or podcasts. All an individual needs to have is an inexpensive sound recording software, a computer, and of course, Internet radio stations.

Major communications firms established the majority of Internet radio stations as Internet versions of their own radio stations. The beauty of the World-Wide-Web is that it gives everyone a chance. Through the amazing technology of the Internet, you can listen to the top forty hits from New York or listen to some kid spin acid rock in Birmingham, Alabama though the amazing Internet radio stations.

One impressive feature of Internet radio stations is its ability to allow you to listen to your favorite radio station even if you move out of the city where it is based. I used to love WCBN in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the local college station, when I went to college there. When I transferred to another state, I had to leave many things behind, but not the music of my favorite radio station.

Fortunately, WBCN has a live streaming, Internet version on my computer, so I was able to tune in as if I still live in that area. This is really great for a music lover like me, I can listen to all my favorite programs from anywhere in the entire country. Nothing can possibly beat that.

Another thing to look for in Internet radio stations is the type of music that you prefer. Cities of average size would normally have a few different radio stations, but the line up is often pretty much similar across the whole lot of them. But if you have an internet access, you can listen to country, polka, blue grass, old school soul, and any other music type. There are plenty of people throughout the world who would appreciate sharing their music with you and would be overjoyed if you were to listen to their internet radio stations. Another bonus with internet radio stations is its mostly free, because if you charge for music from your radio stationPsychology Articles, people will just listen to something else.