- Employees have access to more time-sensitive information faster enhancing the decision-making process.
- The intranet has been very inexpensive to administer.
- As new applications are created BellSouth has not had to update the user interface.
- The intranet has created an atmosphere of excitement. Employees are very curious about the technology and are suggesting new uses.
- BellSouth has seen great savings in cutting back on the use of paper to publish information.
- The ability to securely access the intranet from a remote site was very useful during the Olympics when BellSouth instituted a telecommuting policy.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
What has been the impact
According to BellSouth officials, the corporate headquarters intranet has brought cost-savings and increased employee effectiveness in the following areas: